Kity 664 manual

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickjan

Reaction score
Hello:
I am new at woodturning and some months ago I purchased a used Kity 664 lathe. It worked well, but after moving the off/on switch will not remain on. It is as if there is something within the switch not functioning properly (not allowing the lathe to remain on).

I wonder whether anyone is familiar with this lathe and with this problem; any suggestions are welcome. More generally, does anyone know where a manual for this lathe model can be found?

Thanks much,
Nick

It's a 664, not a 554.

Sounds like the latching coil in the NVR switch isn't getting power ...

Thanks for the correction, a typing error on my part. Yes, it's a Kity 664.

Thanks also for the suggestion re NVR switch. I suppose the 'solution' would then be to replace the switch, but wonder where I can find such an item on such a classic tool.... Any suggestions?

Nick

If you have just physically moved the lathe around, investigate the inner case of the existing switch gear and vacuum out, it's not unknown for dust to find its way inside switches and prevent contacts making correctly any bangs or bumps may just have caused some to move.

Thanks much for this suggestion about dust fouling electrical contacts; this is quite plausible during the move and storage period. I have, by the way, found various outlets for NVR switches, but hope a good cleaning solves the problem.

Again, Thanks.
Nick Jankowski

Hello. nickjan. I was reading your question from 2017. My Kity 664 have the same symptom. The photo show the part I think is defect. Is that correct and do you know where to find a new one? Best regards Marius from Norway

Attachments

• coil.jpg
    coil.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 0
Back