Kity 636

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveF

Established Member
Reaction score
I have I think a 636 in the garage
well I have all the kit but I have no need for the other stuff
back to my question
I have made do with a woodstar ...pile of carp
I was wondering if anyone has set one up with the motor under a stand?
is it even worth looking at to put to use?
are they easy to get and set blades?
I have a load of oak I need to process and although a hobby, I really need to get on with this job
if it is more trouble than worth I will make do with the woodstar as a jointer and get a decent lunchbox, maybe the ct330
space is quite an issue in my small shed
any thoughts?

Steve

I had one until a week or so ago. Got it to clean up a maple gym floor I rescued from a school, which it did really well and subsequently did loads of other jobs over the last couple of years. Spares other than blades and belts are pretty much non existent now but if it's complete and running then you've nothing to lose really.
Blade setting is pretty much the same faff that most other machines are, once you've got a system worked out it's about 15 minutes work.

Hi Steve
I don't have much info on the 636 but have a couple of scans which might be of interest as below. Had to reduce them a little to post but if any good could email them to you if you pm me your email address.
It was a half decent machine at the time and the stand alone version as in the price list shown in 1989 was £840
cheers
Bob

Attachments

• 7636.jpg
    7636.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 90
Lons":1m07tl6r said:
Hi Steve
I don't have much info on the 636 but have a couple of scans which might be of interest as below. Had to reduce them a little to post but if any good could email them to you if you pm me your email address.
It was a half decent machine at the time and the stand alone version as in the price list shown in 1989 was £840
cheers
Bob
wow
that was an expensive bit of kit back then
I have had it a couple of years now, but just assumed it was below par
I will dig it out and see if it works
I know the motor is ok as I tested the table saw before I packed it up, it was left in a shed when a friend bought their house
the spindle moulder had loads of tooling but never really interested me on a safety aspect
if it runs I will try and rig it to have the motor below to save space

thanks Bob

Steve

Looks as if you have an old 704 machine Steve, I have the original brochure scanned into if you're interested.

If all you want is the planer and motor you should be able to sell the saw and moulder easily enough as there are still a lot of those old Kity machines around and they're useful to buy for spares at least. Just need to be patient enough to find a buyer

Bob

Lons":2cyz2fza said:
Looks as if you have an old 704 machine Steve, I have the original brochure scanned into if you're interested.

If all you want is the planer and motor you should be able to sell the saw and moulder easily enough as there are still a lot of those old Kity machines around and they're useful to buy for spares at least. Just need to be patient enough to find a buyer

Bob
sadly I took a look today and the blade roller\holder has a considerable amount of rust
it is fixable but I need something now
off to axminster tomorrow to get a ct330
I will look for a planer to compliment it in the future

Steve

well I went into axi to get a ct330 lunchbox
came out with a ah106pt
now just need somewhere to put it

Steve

Back