Kity 613 slows during cut!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blunt blade?
Too fine tooth pitch when resawing?
Belt slipping?

Give a clue about what you were cutting at the time.

Bob

Hi 9F....sorry for delay..the blade slows when I push the wood (2" pine...20mm mdf) through with just a medium force...its ok if I take it slowly!
The motor belt tension seems ok. as is the blade
The blade slows during the cut, then builds up speed after finishing!

...strange!?

Gerry

what toothed blade are you using? Do you know its history- how old it is and whether it has been used a great deal? It is surprising how quickly they can dull on the wrong material. I had a freud rip blade, which had admittedly done a fait bit of work. A dozen cuts on laminated flooring though and it struggled to cut anything after that. Same symptoms as you described.

lastminute":1yg7ghxy said:
Hi 9F....sorry for delay..the blade slows when I push the wood (2" pine...20mm mdf) through with just a medium force...its ok if I take it slowly!
The motor belt tension seems ok. as is the blade
The blade slows during the cut, then builds up speed after finishing!

...strange!?

Gerry

I agree with what the others have said--dull blade or too many teeth. How much MDF have you been cutting? It'll dull steel blades much faster than most wood.

Kirk

Have you checked that it is actually the motor slowing down and not just the blade?
I'm ashamed to admit to having exactly that problem with my Elu Flipover, and started dismembering the electrics, screaming "HELP" to Bob Ninefingers and all the other things you do, before noticing that the central bolt was not absolutely tight :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: . So although the motor was quietly spinning at normal speed, the blade was slowing down/speeding up exactly as you say.

dickm":1kbdebrs said:
Have you checked that it is actually the motor slowing down and not just the blade?
I'm ashamed to admit to having exactly that problem with my Elu Flipover, and started dismembering the electrics, screaming "HELP" to Bob Ninefingers and all the other things you do, before noticing that the central bolt was not absolutely tight :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: . So although the motor was quietly spinning at normal speed, the blade was slowing down/speeding up exactly as you say.

I was going to keep that as our little secret, Dick.

Do you feel better now that you have 'come out' ? :lol: :lol:

Bob

Get a sharp and decent blade sounds like the first option to eliminate that as the problem. What is the speed of the saw and can it be adjusted?

Back