Kity 419

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graycbr

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys
Got this table saw from a member on here a few yrs ago ,with the idea of building a workshop straight away :)
A few yrs later here we are :oops:
Just looked at the table saw & it's 99% complete ..
The only two parts I can see missing are the following
The riving knife & blade guard !!
Would I be right in thinking the Axminster TS200 table saw or this table saw scheppach precisa 2.0 will the parts fit this ?
As cant seem to find any parts for this table saw !!
Or would it be best to buy a current model ?
Any views or input would be helpful

I am 99% sure that the ts200 parts will fit. If you make a riving knife, which snt difficult, you could easily make sire if fits the ts200 guard.

I am sure that somebody can give you the dimensions of a knife to use as a pattern.

NazNomad":1ij3sjha said:
http://www.probois-machinoutils.com/en/1039-part-for-saw-kity-419-Scheppach-precisa-20
cheers for the link
Many thanks for the input guys ...
Seem a lot for the riving knife would be great if someone as a spare or can make one cheaper :oops:

Hi there,
Like yours, my Kity 419 came without its riving knife. I decided to make my own, and followed advice from other forum users to make it out of tool steel, rather than mild steel.

I did a thread a while ago in which I complied all the useful threads I'd found on Kity419- in there, there's a link to a Sketchup template that RobertMP did. http://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/kity-419-table-saw-resources-mods-advice-t87857.html

The only thing missing from the sketchup drawing was a scale, but I worked it out (guessed?) when I made mine, and it works great. I don't have a picture of the finished article, but here's a picture of the template I made out of plexiglass (why?? IDK).
saw blade & riving knife.jpg

I decided that I wasn't going to use the blade guard (which I may regret, but haven't yet...) and I also wanted a open slot at the bottom to make changing riving knives easier, but I accept that this is slightly less safe than a closed slot.

Good luck, and let me know if you need more help/ detail.
Best,
Sven

PS I did a major modification to the tilt mechanism, which I'm pretty please with, and will try and post at some point. I am currently (desperately) trying to finish the cabinet with dust extraction port which has taken over the workshop, so maybe once that's done...

Attachments

• saw blade & riving knife.jpg
    saw blade & riving knife.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 47

Latest posts

Back