kity 419 table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mock

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello i have just purchased a kity 419 table saw and just found dado blades stack that was in the box that came with it are they for this saw will the kity take a dado stack ? and if so what order do i stack them in on the shaft any help would be appreciated thanks' in advance Alan
I have just done a quick search on here regarding the dado stack well i think it's a dado stack ill take a few photo's later .Anyway there seams to be a lot of mixed feelings regarding a dado stack so like i said ill post a few photo's firs and we can go from there

The forth photo is what i seen at first and then lol Would i be right in saying spare blades ? but what about the small one what do you use that for ??

Attachments

• DSCF9833.JPG
    DSCF9833.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 198
  • DSCF9831.JPG
    DSCF9831.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 200
  • DSCF9829.JPG
    DSCF9829.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 201
  • DSCF9832.JPG
    DSCF9832.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 201
Is the small one for grooving? I had a small blade that I used for that purpose. It wasn't supplied with the saw but did a good job.

Thanks'silly question but what's the main purpose of cutting grooves box making and 'inlays or ?

I used mine for box making.

The blade may well be a wobble blade, I think kitty did one of those for that saw.

I have an opportunity to buy a second hand kity 619. My only worry is that it could be underpowered. How does 1.1kW motor cope with hardwood? I do not have a space for large table saw so I am considering Kity or Axminster ts250 which has 1.5kW motor but probably not as good build quality as Kity. Any suggestions?

Someone should reply to your question soon i can not answer because i am ashamed to say i have not used the saw yet

poodelek":1rqoudr9 said:
I have an opportunity to buy a second hand kity 619. My only worry is that it could be underpowered. How does 1.1kW motor cope with hardwood? I do not have a space for large table saw so I am considering Kity or Axminster ts250 which has 1.5kW motor but probably not as good build quality as Kity. Any suggestions?
Sorry, I meant kity 419 of course

I am the owner of a 419 and as long as you use the right blade for the cutting - rip for ripping - hardwood hasn't been a problem, slow careful feed obviously.

So far I've had it a couple of years now and it's cut everything I've used, even having no issues with a full depth cut in hardwood that was deeper than the full depth - 60mm full extension cut in 100mm thick wood, no bogging down or anything, but as stated slow feed and the right blade.

I can also say that you can safely use a 210mm blade in the 419 rather than a 190mm just needs the minorest of modification, which is running a file on the casing opening underneath the clearance insert just where the blade is just to give it a few extra mm. A 210 blade doesn't touch the casing at full height, but it's a tad close for comfort.

As with all tablesaws I'd recommend investing in a set of various blades rather than just relying on one.

I have it on good authority the ts200 is the direct copy of the Kity 419 and the ts250 is it's larger brother with some of the minor inconveniences apparent on the 419 removed, and engineered better - such as the fiddly trunnion adjustement system to get the blade aligned to the mitre slot.

If you have the money a ts250 will be good, but a s/h 419 has so far been all I need, and been an absolute boon for my woodworking.

hth

rafezetter":1hiz06nm said:
I am the owner of a 419 and as long as you use the right blade for the cutting - rip for ripping - hardwood hasn't been a problem, slow careful feed obviously.

So far I've had it a couple of years now and it's cut everything I've used, even having no issues with a full depth cut in hardwood that was deeper than the full depth - 60mm full extension cut in 100mm thick wood, no bogging down or anything, but as stated slow feed and the right blade.

I can also say that you can safely use a 210mm blade in the 419 rather than a 190mm just needs the minorest of modification, which is running a file on the casing opening underneath the clearance insert just where the blade is just to give it a few extra mm. A 210 blade doesn't touch the casing at full height, but it's a tad close for comfort.

As with all tablesaws I'd recommend investing in a set of various blades rather than just relying on one.

I have it on good authority the ts200 is the direct copy of the Kity 419 and the ts250 is it's larger brother with some of the minor inconveniences apparent on the 419 removed, and engineered better - such as the fiddly trunnion adjustement system to get the blade aligned to the mitre slot.

If you have the money a ts250 will be good, but a s/h 419 has so far been all I need, and been an absolute boon for my woodworking.

hth
Thanks, that helps a lot
I think I will go for ts250, especially that guy selling on ebay k419 is not replying ;)

I've had a 419 for the past 20+ years. Recently ripped down some lengths of 2" African Mahogany - no probs.

The main problem with the saw is the awful dust extraction. I've recently carried out a few easy mods to mine, based on ideas from this site. It has improved things immensely

For a detailed description of what I did to modify my Kity 419, I refer you to this blog post which contains lots of photos and ideas

Kity 419 Table Saw Mods

Back