Kity 419 replacement handle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll second HPC a small steel gear will probably be less than £10 and you can modift it to fit the existing handle or make a complete one.

You can see all the gears they do on their site just go to spur gears and enter the type

http://www.hpcgears.com/products/spur_gears.htm

If yours are to far gone to measure then my 2000 combi uses the same part that I can measure.

EDIT opps didn't see the second page :oops:

Jason

hi probably no help at all but my bro inlaw had same problem he got replacment for data power tools for less than that. was about 2yrs ago tho. maybe worth a call?????

9fingers":n1kdvahz said:
Hi Ed,

The gear tooth size you need is known as 1.75 module.

Without going into details the OD is divided by the number of teeth plus 2

in your case 28/(14+2) =1.75.

I have catalogues here from Reliance who only offer up to 1.5 module and from Daval who offer 1.5 module and 2.0 module but not 1.75 module.

I will continue to search.

Bob

I think you'll find it's a no2 module gear. A 2 module gear is the number of teeth x 2mm measured from halfway down opposing teeth, you then add on 1 tooth depth (two halves) to get the full diameter. So we have 12 teeth x 2mm = 24mm + one tooth depth which for a 2 module gear is 4.3mm so 24 + 4.3 = 28.3mm. They are usually made slightly undersize for rolling clearance aswell but it sounds like a 12 tooth module gear could be fitted.

Sorry Andy,

I have to disagree with you.

The formula:-

Module = OD (mm)/(number of teeth +2)

is quoted in many standard text books on gearing.

Furthermore Ed's measured gear dimensions agree exactly with the table of 1.75 module gears given here by HPC

http://www.hpcgears.com/newpdf/spurgears_1.75mod.pdf

The tooth height above the pitch circle (called the addendum) is equal to the module. The OD therefore must be the pitch circle plus twice the addendum. Put another way, the full tooth depth = 2 x module.
Gears made this way would of course have no working clearance and so the actual OD is a gnats under the theoretical OD for smooth running.

Bob

9fingers":l6fm5yih said:
Sorry Andy,

I have to disagree with you.

The formula:-

Module = OD (mm)/(number of teeth +2)

is quoted in many standard text books on gearing.

Furthermore Ed's measured gear dimensions agree exactly with the table of 1.75 module gears given here by HPC

http://www.hpcgears.com/newpdf/spurgears_1.75mod.pdf

The tooth height above the pitch circle (called the addendum) is equal to the module. The OD therefore must be the pitch circle plus twice the addendum. Put another way, the full tooth depth = 2 x module.
Gears made this way would of course have no working clearance and so the actual OD is a gnats under the theoretical OD for smooth running.

Bob

Check your own link for this 12 tooth gear. The diameter of your 1.75module gear is 24.5mm as oppossed to the 28mm of a 12 tooth no2 module.

Don't worry, I will accept your apology :wink:

Andy :D

Humble apologies offered in retrospect!!

I've used the 'teeth plus two' formula on gears for years - true with imperial DP gears not module.

Anyone know a good supplier for humble pie? I need lots and in a hurry!

Crawling back under my stone now,

Bob

EDIT: I now see my mistake. I had mis-read Ed's reply and got 14 teeth and 28mm OD written down on my pad here. Formulae work so much better with the correct numbers plugging in!

Back