Kity 3 636 thinknesser planer which is it?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson Carpentry

Established Member
Reaction score
Any one help with a picture and spec please I can't seem to find a forsure answer. What are they worth in good condition and are they better than the axi aw106pt2.

Cheers

i think that the axi will take some beating with its three bladed setup and cast iron tables. I share your pain with trying to find info on kity products- it doesnt seem to be documented anywhere. for example trying to find out what the differences between all of the different bandsaw models is nigh on impossible.

I have a kitty p/t 637 pretty good taken a beating from me and my grandfather who got it from new nice table good indeed rollers and anti kick back teeth only two blades tho, but there very cheep

Russ

I have been down this road with kitty, be very careful there is a lot of kitty stuff on the market due to the fact that spare part stocks are totaly exhausted other than perhaps the odd belt. I have spoken with scheppac who took over kitty and they can not supply either, so buying old kitty is now a real gamble which obviously needs to be reflected in the price, to be blunt if it ain't dirt cheap don't buy it.

Regards

Berns

Pity, they are nice little machines. I don't think anything on them is particularly proprietary. Belts are easily available from belt suppliers (they are just a flat belt, nothing fancy) and handwheels and the like are also widely available. The gear train my be more difficult, but I bet that is made from standard parts, too.
I'm on my second and whilst it did need fettling, it's now a pleasure to use.

S

Back