Kitchen worktop needing repair...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roombacurious

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I'm in trouble now!
The other day I was cleaning some rather heavy pottery in the kitchen sink :lol: and did a pretty good job too! However, after I had finished I realised that the worktop next to the sink had "mysteriously" been scratched in a few places! :oops: (probably from pushing the pottery about)

Personally I wouldn't really care but the wife... well, she thinks otherwise! Now unless I come up with a cure fast I'm in for months of nagging! Help! :(

The worktop is "black granite" laminated MDF or chipboard, you know, the standard mass produced variety. The scratches are very shallow but broad. Upon close inspection it seems to me it is the surface varnish (or whatever it's called) that has been scratched off rather than the veneer itself. I tried a product called ColourFill but didn't work - this is a kind of putty and since the scratches are shallow, it has no depth to fill. Parafin oil works really well and restores the appearance entirely but doesn't obviously last.

Any ideas from the professionals among you? Much appreciated!

George

Back