Kitchen corner cupboard carousel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldWood

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is OT or not but it will involve woodwork !

My brother's a cabinet maker and built our kitchen for us.

He admitted at the time he wasn't too impressed with the 2 carousels he fitted. It's taken me 15 years to get round to doing something about them. My brother is no longer doing kitchens so can't advise on what is on the market.

Has anyone been down this road recently and got any advise ? (SWMO will not accept the DON'T advise!)

Thanks
Rob

Hi,
I recently fitted a unit for my daughter in corner cupboard-purchased from Ikea for about £85 -most impressed, it not only swings around for access to furthermost part of shelf but also the whole shelf slides out for accessability, very smooth operation - not a true carousel but may be worth looking at.
Ikea are on web and do home delivery on most items.

hope this helps

ejimj

Magic corners are tending to supersede carousels if you have the space for one. Effectively, the whole shelf swings out so that you very easily access everything. They use the space more efficiently too.

Jim

yetloh":z3zv81nx said:
Magic corners are tending to supersede carousels if you have the space for one. Effectively, the whole shelf swings out so that you very easily access everything. They use the space more efficiently too.

Jim

I have two of these in the kitchen and they are very good. If you want I can find the make however I believe that Issac Lord, Halfe etc will have them...

Miles

What you can retro-fit depends entirely on the dimensions of the space in question. My guess is that the space is more-or-less square, as that's the most efficient space for a ¾-round carousel. However, if the space is other than square, you may be able to get a "Le Mans" fitting in there (got mine at Wickes).

I thoroughly recommend these, but suspect that, 15 years ago, the carousel housing was more square, or equal-L-shaped, than oblong.

Ray

Latest posts

Back