Kitchen base unit - odd size needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Torx

Established Member
Reaction score
Wicks units are off the shelf and good quality

I don’t seem to be able to find any bare carcasses at Wickes, they all come with doors, which I’ve already got and would end up wasted :( but I do prefer Wickes.

diy kitchens do them

I was all set to order one last night and then noticed the £750 minimum order…

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Howdens, my local one seems to let just about anyone buy from them, they use the term trade very loosely.

flying haggis

Established Member
Reaction score
I don’t seem to be able to find any bare carcasses at Wickes, they all come with doors, which I’ve already got and would end up wasted :( but I do prefer Wickes.

I was all set to order one last night and then noticed the £750 minimum order…
could you collect?

flying haggis

Established Member
Reaction score
they mention collection times on their website but i dont know if there would still be a min order.
we drove from Norfolk to view the showroom and were very impressed (its enormous) and ended up buying our kitchen from them

sawdust1

Established Member
Reaction score
Howdens RKC8260 White 900 Hiline base cabinet. £120 with VAT each.
I was quoted this yesterday as i need 3.
I have an account.

g1_lo

Established Member
Reaction score
A 900mm wide kitchen unit is commonplace....If its 570mm deep with 500mm internal depth, it sounds like it may be a Howdens unit, as DBC has suggested.....

Thanks, but I think you need an account to purchase from Howdens?

Yes, that’s it.
You don't need an account with them, they always banged on about trade only but if your wanting to spend money they'll usually accommodate you.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
You don't need an account with them, they always banged on about trade only but if your wanting to spend money they'll usually accommodate you.

Yes Howdens can be very accommodating to customers, in fact just last week a branch I've never even been to let someone I don't know put a £200 hob on my account 🙄

Torx

Established Member
Reaction score
Bought the B&Q one but haven’t got round to modifying it yet - it’s not worth paying double as the whole kitchen will be gutted in the next couple of years.