Kids woodworking sets?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jammie*dodger

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd like to get my son a woodworking set for his 5th Birthday. Does anyone have any recommendations for one and where I would get it from?
Cheers, Rob.

Nice chap over the pond called Tom!

Quality lasts and sharing your toys is a very good quality for a 5 year old to learn.

Best of luck.

Simon.

I got a set for my son at that age from John Lewis. They were real tools rather than plastic toys. They come in a tool box

SVB":vbo8ab8b said:
Nice chap over the pond called Tom!

Quality lasts and sharing your toys is a very good quality for a 5 year old to learn.

Best of luck.

Simon.
:lol: took me a moment to get that one!

Aidan

Faithfull do a carpenters set with a couple of planes, marking guage, try square; but, it doesn't have saw, hammer etc. and is £50

An alternative could be to do what my Dad did for me when I was about 5 or 6. He got me a small set of tools, but bought them individually rather than as a set because he could get better quality for money that way.

The first thing I made, using my new tools and with my Dad's help, was a small toolbox. :D

The toolbox retired a long time ago, but I still use the small Gents saw, hammer, screwdriver and bradawl from that original set.

cheers
Dave

Back