Kerry super 8

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobbiesman

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This is my first post after reading may helpful submissions.

I have recently acquired an old Kerry Super 8 that had not been used for many years. I was suprised to find that the column is in excellent condition, I have removed, cleaned and rebuilt the drill. However whilst I have the top cover and the rear arm, the front assembly is missing. Does anyone have a similar machine who could send me some photos so i can fabricate one.

I think that in the future I will need to replace the bearings in the quill, does anyone know what type and size they are?

Many Thanks

Thanks, for the link. I already have looked at this but it doesn't show the detail of the front arm mechanism supporting the cover.

Thanks I have seen this before I have the small solid arm on the front bracket but I don't have any details of the mechanism which attaches to the cover. I understand that there might be a spring involved to keep the cover in the up position, but I've never seen any details or even if the spring is correct.

I've asked the owner of the drill some questions so if he still has it he may take some pics for you.

Cheers
Andy

Here you go, some more pics, many thaks to Turbo from the MIG welding forum.

This is the rear bracket consisting of 3 pieces of flat strip. They measure 73mm between the centres of the holes.
P1020894.JPG

P1020895.JPG

This is the front bracket, there's a square bar that pivots in the main casting with 2 l-brackets that pivot on the other end of it. It also measures 73mm between the 2 pivot points.
P1020896.JPG

P1020897.JPG

There are these 2 brackets on either side of the gear wheel which I think are spring clips to hold the lid in place.
P1020898.JPG

P1020899.JPG

Attachments

• P1020894.JPG
    P1020894.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 111
  • P1020895.JPG
    P1020895.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 111
  • P1020896.JPG
    P1020896.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 111
  • P1020897.JPG
    P1020897.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 111
  • P1020898.JPG
    P1020898.JPG
    139.5 KB · Views: 111
  • P1020899.JPG
    P1020899.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 111
I have exactly the same drill and am missing the forward lever for the lid. Think I need to make a new one. Instead of the bungee cord that I used at present to keep the lid in place.

Out of curiosity what colour is yours painted, mine is a cream colour which is not that appealing.

Many thanks for the photos, they explain that the cover is held on with a parallel pair of arms, which i do have. and the front one is just fixed to the cover using a couple of angle shaped brackets fixed to the cover using the three holes. I though that there was spring mechanism to keep the cover in an open position, must have mis read somewhere. Would you please thank Turbo.

Mine has been painted a number of times and is currently a lightish grey colour

Latest posts

Back