keeping busy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is what I have been up to over the last couple of weeks:
whitekitch1pm0.jpg

whitekitch2ab3.jpg

This was the first fit in White. Just needs tiling now. My next week was taken up with this one:
blackkitchpostsh4.jpg

blackkitchpost2ud2.jpg

Notice the small neons in the kickplates on this one! Very pretty. :roll:
The kickplates aren't fitted properly yet as the floor has to be tiled so you will notice the gap under the units. Just put them in place for photographic puposes. :wink:
I guess you could say there it is in black and white. :lol:
No more kitchen fits at the moment I am happy to say but plenty on the books for the next couple of months. :D

Very nice,Alan - but do you find time to have two jobs ?
I struggle to get into the workshop at all during the week :(

Andrew

Nice work.

Is that black kitchen the Trade Depot range? I know that a lot of companies sell the same kitchens but I usually/always use Howdens/MFI ranges and have been tempted by the Trade Depot discounts.

How long does it take you to install a kitchen? I have to quote for fitting one similar size to those above and I have estimated 6 days for 2 people inc ripping out, making good Artex walls for tiling and tiling too, ie to a finished job.

Sorry for interrupting your thread by the way!!

Rgds

Saint

No problem interrupting the thread Saint, thats what posting is all about comments and advice. Firstly my signiture says it all, 'Never enough hours in the day' I do find it hard work sometimes to fit everything in with two jobs but am never bored. The white kitchen I fitted on a weeks holiday from work and it took me alnoe eight days to complete although I only rip out and fit I never tile or render walls. (Leave that to the experts)
Now the black kitchen was a different kettle of fish in that it was already ripped out and ready to fit. I did fit the units, worktop and the splashback I also fitted the extractor and sink including plumbing which also negated boring a new hole for the waste. The electrics and the gas fitting was done by the professionals and someone else will tile the floor. This one took me two weeks as it was fitted in after hours at my 'real' job. As for the suppliers of the kitchens I do know the white one was a B&Q one but the black one I think was from MFI. I never buy the units but let the cutomer do this after I have done the designing for them. I am sure you have all found kitchens that have been designed by the stores designers are usually out in one way or another. Originally the black one had been designed by MFI and they had both corner cupboards losing almost 600mm by watsing the space available! Makes you wonder doesn't it? Thanks for the comments guys. Now I can get back to real woodwork again and catch up on my other jobs, I can hear SWIMBO calling me for the shoe cupboard. :wink:

Mailee,

Can you post WIP for shoe cupboard project when you get onto it.
I need to get back into SWMBO good books after spending on the slope

Back