KATSU router/trimmer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, Chaps, and any members of the opposite gender who might be reading this.
Got my Katsu router on Wednesday but haven't had time to play around with it yet.
Just a couple of questions, if anyone knows the answer
1) Didn't receive an invoice or receipt with the router and my Email to AimTools, as to how I can register the product for warranty purposes, has not elicited an answer, so far. Has anyone had the same experience? Has anyone been able to register their router?
2) The nob controlling the up and down movement is a little stiff. Not wanting to put a load of grease on it - don't want to spoil any wood - any suggestions about making it a little less difficult to adjust?

Still impressed with it, though, and local Tool/Hire shop do keep all the Makita spares so should be able to get what I need if necessary.

Someone on the forum recommended 'Trend' router cutters, which are supposed to be the bees knees, but can anyone suggest something of a decent quality but not quite so pricey? I know, you only get what you pay for but I'm new to this and have not got a tremendous amount of cash.

Sorry it's such a long post!

Kind regards,

John

JohnP2607":1052aejt said:
1) Didn't receive an invoice or receipt with the router and my Email to AimTools, as to how I can register the product for warranty purposes, has not elicited an answer, so far. Has anyone had the same experience? Has anyone been able to register their router?

If no invoice, I would print out the PayPal and Ebay transactions. The only warranty you will get is whatever the sale of goods act (or whatever it's called these days) says, against Aim Tools. It's a rip-off and the Makita warranty printed in the instruction manual is a forgery but, at that price, why worry.

Thanks for your reply, Graham.
Perhaps I was being a little naive to expect to get a written warranty with the router. However, hopefully I won't need to have cause for a complaint.
Kind regards,
John

I don't think the trend cutter sets are too badly priced. I would also say that you should be cautious about cheap cutters. You really don't want a bit of cutter flying off at 12,000 rpm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Know I had a moan about no receipt for my router. However, got a lovely Email from lady at Aim Tools assuring me that my purchase was logged into their computer system should anything go wrong.
She very kindly sent me a copy of the invoice, which had been missing, by Email so I'm a lot happier now.
If the accessories for the Makita Palm router fit the Katsu, anyone know where I can pick up the plunge attachment, by any chance?
Regards,
John

Mine arrived yesterday, looks a nice unit, will have to find something to use it on now. LOL I have been meaning for a long time to make some small draws for my router bits, this may come into its own for that.

Mike

Latest posts

Back