just bought an iMac

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tombo

Established Member
Reaction score
i am reading with interest the two polls on upgrades to the latest os of each flavour.

I realy needed a new PC but i was waiting for Vista, but the price for home premium is eye watering. Enough is enough I have given Mr Gates plenty of my money over the years but no more. Only for the fact that i must be able to run sketchup i would have gone for ubuntu.

I have had the mac 1 week today, and it is just outstanding i dont miss my pc one bit

Tom

:eek:ccasion5: \:D/

Great news, Tombo. Very few people want to make the trip back to PC-land once they've used the Mac.

Any problems or questions - just shout.

Roger

Home Premium is £60 quid for the OEM version (that's the one you're not supposed to buy unless you're a company building a PC to sell. Pfft :) )
OSX doesn't I believe have an equivalent to the OEM concept, but in the applestore, the OS costs £90.

Anyway, enjoy the iMac - they're very nice!

£58 for the Premium Hone Upgrade, which - if you follow the directions gives you FULL stand-alone Premium Home OS .....

Interestingly (or not), I get a Mac to use in tge next week or two - a few years old but running OS X.

I have had it with the joke that is Vista too. I have been a fan of microsoft's software (not neccesarily Windows) for 18 years, but their business practices are becoming too much. Vista offers nothing except a new interface but costs the earth.
oh, there is 'more' security., but then I run 8 computers and have not had a virus or anything else on any of them since the Windows 98 days

If the Mac is OK, then I defect and get an Apple laptop as the start of the slope

Back