jigs for a router plane?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparky

Established Member
Reaction score
here goes another question from the newbie :roll:

i have the wonderful veritas router plane and it is a real treat to use (a bit of a gloat :oops: ) however i get the feeling that this plane has a whole lot of potential that my lack of creativity has yet to stumble upon. :-k

does anyone have any ideas for a jig design or has anyone made any jigs for their router plane. i have the guide fence so i don't need that.

alf i just reread your review (which convinced me to get the plane in the first place :tool: ) so if you had any ideas that would be wonderful.

just curious

thanks so much

If I had any ideas t'would be wonderful indeed. I could do a book: "Router Jigs; no, not that kind". Alas, my mind is like a blank thing. :? Sorry.

Cheers, Alf

I can't really think that besides a good fence a router plane would really need a jig? Perhaps a circle cutting extension, not sure how useful that would be really.

Or perhaps a chamfer jig to fit on the underside to make narrow chamfers..again, not sure it's worth it.

I'm not certain a piece of wood counts as a jig,
but screwing one to the bottom of the plane makes trimming tenons easier
(not that my tenons need any trimming of course, perfect, straight from the saw, every time ;-)).

Jasper

the one thing that i though of but couldn't think if it would work would be an angled jig for the cheeks of the pin of a sliding dovetail?

can anyone see this working? :-k

Back