jigs advice please.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodchip11

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as a mortice jig for the router/table and a jig for tennons on the bandsaw ?

Regards

Mick

I have seen a jig for a router many years ago at one of them trade fairs. The timber was fixed in place by clamps and the router plunged horizontal or vertical, depending how you wished to setup. It must have not taken off as I have not seen it around. It was similar in a lot of ways to the door mortice lock jig.

As for Bandsaw I would make my own. All it needs is Right angle fence with a an adjustable side pressure clamp and a fixed stop to prevent passing your shoulder line. I made mine from scraps but with some thought asnd planning it would be a good project and made for various tenon thickness.

A certain someone, he of the check shirts, has a good tennon jig for the bandsaw on his DVDs.
If you have a table for your router then shouldn't it only need a couple of stop blocks to produce mortices ?

Grahamshed":2oqfml8r said:
A certain someone, he of the check shirts, has a good tennon jig for the bandsaw on his DVDs.
If you have a table for your router then shouldn't it only need a couple of stop blocks to produce mortices ?

Hi Graham

I have a router table but not sure how i would line the timber up on approach to router bit.

Mick

if you Google shop made router mortice jigs then you get many results most from Youtube.

eg[urlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USPF70cbLHQ][/url]

Al

I've been called some things in my time. "A Certain Someone" is one of the more benign ones! In fact, E.on wrote to me today as Steve Lafkery (sic).

I know I'm not supposed to advertise, but as you've already been pointed in my direction I'll just refine your search.

My advice would be to rout mortices, not on the RT, but on a vice-mounted jig using the router hand-held. Mine is detailed on WE2, More Jigs and Accessories. It works very well indeed and I use it at least as often as I use my hollow-chisel mortiser.

The bandsaw jig you want is on WE6, The Ultimate Bandsaw Tenon Jig. <modesty alert> It's simply the best in the world </modesty alert>.
S

Latest posts

Back