Jewellery findings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregmcateer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks
I'm wanting to turn some jewellery and wondered if anyone knows of a good reliable source of sterling silver or real gold findings, like clasps, studs, etc? i.e. not cheapo tat that will tarnish and potentially give user issues.
TIA
Greg

Hi there... I used a company situated in Devon somewhere..(Findings and things)... I think. I wanted leather strapping... and what I got was very good. I presume there others bits/bobs would be top quality too....worth a checkout

Steve

Cooksons or Rashbel are mostly all I ever use. They seem to vary on price quite a bit so worth spending some time browsing. Rashbel used to consistently be cheaper for basic stock like wire but not cooksons seem to be a bit cheaper and their website is far better.

Even ebay is pretty good for the kind of thing you want, just make sure it's stamped/hallmarked. I've got loads of sterling earring hoops, studs etc I bought from ebay years ago as it was quite a bit cheaper to buy in bulk that buy individually from one of the suppliers mentioned.

I worked in the jewellery trade for 45 years, I used Cooksons,They have a large public welcome area in Vittoria Street, Hockley, Birmingham, If you want a small amount there's someone in Wolverhampton called Jeavons and Stanley, owner is called Ian, don't know how the prices compare.

My wife is just setting up a small ETSI business -bead jewellery.

weve spent hours researching components and are now buying stuff from Cooksons

so Im really pleased to see this thread concurs they are good

Cooksons or Rashbel are mostly all I ever use. They seem to vary on price quite a bit so worth spending some time browsing. Rashbel used to consistently be cheaper for basic stock like wire but not cooksons seem to be a bit cheaper and their website is far better.

Even ebay is pretty good for the kind of thing you want, just make sure it's stamped/hallmarked. I've got loads of sterling earring hoops, studs etc I bought from ebay years ago as it was quite a bit cheaper to buy in bulk that buy individually from one of the suppliers mentioned.
are you involved in jewellery then -or a reseller of components?

Latest posts

Back