Jet Wetstone Grinder questions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paul, when I sent mine back a courier called for it (at Axminsters cost ) their service is really excellent as is often said on here. :)
The diamond truing jig won't be a waste of money if you replace the Jet with a Tormek :wink:
I know how you feel about the Jet reputation but i have just got a Jet bandsaw and it is a nice bit of kit even second hand, it would be a shame to write them off altogether :(

I agree with Richard. I've got one of their bobbin sanders and it's an excellent piece of kit.

I think it's very important that Axminster/JET/Brimarc are made aware of these problems, especially if so many of you are experiencing the same things.

I bought the jet wetstone grinder and returned it and replaced it with another one, only to find as I was putting the stone wheel on to the shaft the shaft slid out of its housing, also when I came to remove the block of polystyrene from between the motor and the black box I noticed the motor was at an angle to the drive wheel.

Carl

strikes me filing the lugs would work perfectly after the wheel has been trued. the jet is a budget machine and as such requires tweaking. truing the wheel will bring the edge of the wheel parallel with the wheel spindle and the arm. this shoulld make it cut the metal evenly along the blade irrespective of the angle of blade presentation (it may still be out of square). to get the edge square to the right hand edge(of the blade) requires careful filing of the lugs(in contact with this side) and test cuts to establish 90 deg. imho the extra cash paid for the tormek would probably go towards this final step.

rang Axminster, excellent customer service, told them the problem immediately they offered courier collection, so now its all gone back.

I think its as worthwhile posting positive feedback as well as negative, and axminster came out well of this

After a comment on here about the motor being out of true I dismantled mine and reassembled it with a little 'care' and fettling. 100% better.

Back