Jet Drum Sanders

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrums

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting one of the Jet Drum sanders - the abrasive loadings for the drum - do they have to be the specific Jet/Axminster ones or can they be any heavy duty paper/Cloth abrasive?

Chris.

Hi Scrums
They don't have to be any particular brand, but they DO have to be the right width. If they are wider or narrower than the kosher ones, you will end up with the end of it at the wrong point on the circumference of the end and therefore unable to clip it in place.

DAMHIKT

S

Scrums":2immf108 said:
....and the right width for the Jet is....?

Grumble, grumble...
... gropes way downstairs without contact lenses in...
Grumble, grumble...
... unlocks back door and winces at the biting cold, takes life in hands negotiating lethal patio to workshop...
Grumble, grumble...
... unlocks workshop, switches on light, not much use as haven't got contact lenses in anyway...
Grumble, grumble...
Gropes way to Jet sander (well it's a Performax actually, but I think it's the same. It had better be after all this)...
Grumble, grumble...
...finds abrasive roll, now where is my ruler? Cant find it as I haven't got etc, etc...
Grumble, grumble...
...finds ruler, but can't read it, because.........
Grumble, grumble...

I think it reads 77mm.
S

Grumble, grumble...

....there you go....

that wasn't so difficult was it ?....and there's nothing much on telly anyway :p

Cheers Steve.

Latest posts

Back