JET AFS 500

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eribaMotters

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just bought a 2nd hand unit. It came without the remote or any instructions. Is it possible to use the 2,4,8 hour over-run facility without the remote?

Colin

Mine has a little control board on the back, you just press the buttons till the LED goes to the new time.

Have you rung Axminster and asked if they have a replacement you could buy?

On my control panel I have 3 lights for times in a row and a on/off button to the right . Below I have 3 lights for speed and a selection switch to the right. I cannot get the time lights to do anything, and so I'm guessing I need the remote.
I have tried Axminster, but they could not tell me anything.
Appleby Woodturnings [Jeremy] was however very helpful. 01283-212384. I came across them on e-bay when I ordered some Euro cutters for my spindle. The paperwork included a flier saying what else they could supply. JET was on the list, so I ordered a main filter for several £'s less than Axminster. The part is infact coming from Axminster, as they seem to hold the JET stock due to the Brimarc link with them. A remote should be available in about 4 weeks, awaiting stock into the country, for £10.50 + vat.
In the meantime I am going to see if it will run on a time switch. If so I will set it for a short run each night.

Colin

Back