JCB router update

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawdustjon

Established Member
Reaction score
As promised I will rattle on a little about the JCB router that I bought a couple of weeks ago
and hope it may be of some use.
In the last couple of weeks I have put this machine through its paces, using mostly hard wood and have found it to be very good, for its purpose ( an amateur hobbyist ).
I have made all the jigs I need but have noticed I cannot get any smaller guide bushes if I wish to use it on commercial jigs. The parallel guide could be a little better, but for the price you cannot expect too much. The position of the trigger and the lock down lever are very easy to use. Replacing the bits, using one spanner and a plastic spindle lock appears OK for now but I can foresee a problem in the future, after some use. The nuts holding the extraction adapter worked loose a couple of times I was a little afraid of over tightening them as they are held into a brittle looking plastic retainer.
On the whole I quite like this router, for the price I would rate it 7 out of 10.

Back