• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Japanese trowel chisel 12mm - New and unused

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starjump

Established Member
Reaction score
IMG_20221127_201558.jpg
Ioroi Japanese trowel chisel bought new in November. I bought it from a Japanese retailer it came boxed, wrapped in a Japanese newspaper and bubble wrap. It is in as new condition.

I started to flatten the back, then stopped, as I realised they had sent me the wrong chisel.
I contacted the same retailer, and purchased the chisel I was after, without having to pay postage, but decided against returning this one for a refund thinking I'd be able to sell it to a UK woodworker around Christmas time! ( I had had enough of the long distance merry-go-round in a foreign language and of courier companies)!

£75 including postage to mainland UK

I found that buying from Japan can be problematic, the difficulties are often with the couriers who sometimes add charges to cover the increased admin they face with import regulations. I am hoping to get my money back.

Hopefully sending within the UK will make this a straight forward sale.

IMG_20221202_092653.jpg
IMG_20221202_092747.jpg
IMG_20221202_092844.jpg

Sold with thanks to SamTheJarvis.

[MikeK: I edited the title to Sold as requested, but any member can do this to their threads in the For Sale forum by going to the first post in the thread and selecting "Edit" from the upper right menu bar in the post.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back