I've lost the thread!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thejhw

Established Member
Reaction score
A little while ago I was watching a WIP on a wall of shelving here and for the life of me I simply can't find it now.
As I want to do something similar, I was hoping that someone would know what I was talking about and help me find it again?

The shelving covers the entire wall and in front elevation looks like a whole series of square boxes on top of one another, I sup[pose about 0.35m square.
A company called Neville Johnson have pictures of the same sort of thing in some of the glossy "home and garden" magazines.

Any help gratefully received!
Thanks

Jim

An older one, BM.
This one looks like several bookcases lined up next to one another, whilst the one I'm thinking about is more like square boxes stcked on top of one another and lined up next to one another.
I'm not explaining this very well, but it's the best I can do.

Thanks

Jim

Sorry IB, that's not it either.
Have I been dreaming?
On UKW??

I'm trying to draw this on SU but have never been able to get the hang of it.

The wall is 2.5 metres long. Every 36cm there is an upright, from floor to ceiling. Up the wall, every 36cm there is a horizontal.

I was trying to work out how would be the best way of getting everything to line up so that the boxes are all evenly in line.

Jim

could be my old one try here
wimsboekenkast.jpg

The right hand wall is certainly more the thing I;m thinking of, but you didn't give me a link! I'll search your old posts and see if I can find it.
Many thanks, anyway, Woodchopper.

Jim

Since I don't have many posts, all my linking shouts *report to moderator*. With that in mind, I think I found your lost thread.

Page 4.
Titled: WIP Comp entry Sideboard thingy
Author: Dave D

Thanks for trying, Flarunner, that's not it either.
I can't get to grips with Sketchup so have drawn it out freehand, I must have been thinking about something else, I don't know.
I'm not sure if my memory's going or I'm simply getting confused!

Jim

Back