Issues with Scheppach ts2500

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnold9801

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone advise me please on how to reduce the stiffness in the height adjustment of my blade. It’s been getting worse, but now it’s so tight I’m convinced I will break the handle/knob itself.

Something needs adjusting or oiling or both?

Regards

Arnold9801

I have the same saw Arnold. Periodically I get under it and give it a good brush down and clear away the saw dust build up. This could be the reason for the stiffness. Alternatively, remove the top (probably a better means of accessability), give it all a good clean and a touch of oil. If that doesn't solve has anything been bent/damaged etc. with the top off, you can have a good look and probably find the problem.

Got one of these as well, and periodically have the same issue.

You need to clean the lead-screw that operates the rise and fall, a job which unfortunately can only be done from below. Give the machine as good a vacuum out as you can before getting down there with a small brush and the vac to attack the threads. I would strongly advise eye protection and a mask as you're going to get showered with the dust you didn't get in stage 1. You'll need to clean the thread at both ends of travel and it helps to have a third hand to operate the mechanism while you clean it. Don't use any kind of wet lubricant on the thread once clean, it will attract dust and you'll be doing the job again much sooner than you'd like, use PTFE spray or a dry silicone lube if possible. WD40 does an ok job and helps clean out gunk from the travelling nut, but wipe off afterwards so you just leave the residue.

If you feel particularly he-man like you could carefully roll the saw onto a couple of 4x2s and do the job from the top, but this isn't really practical if you have the extension/sliding table(s) attached and nicely set up

Guys thank you for your replies. In a way it’s reassuring that others with the same saw have experienced the same issue!

The removal of the bed plate to the left of saw blade is easy as it’s secured with butterfly bolts. However it doesn’t appear as easy to remove the larger plate on the right.

Will give it a good clean and fingers crossed!

Thanks again.

Arnold9801

Latest posts

Back