Is this a scam??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I recieved the following as an e-mail and wonder if anyone else has had one? Seems too good to be true to me not to mention the value stated as GBP :roll: Just wondered if this is a scam as I suspect?

Tax Refund Notification

After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity, we have determined that you
are eligible to receive a tax refund of 989.50 GBP. Please submit the tax refund
request and allow us 3-5 days in order to process it.

Click Here to submit your tax refund request

Best Regards
HM Revenue & Customs

Scam, and a well documented one too.

The Revenue will never contact you by e-mail to tell you about a tax refund.

Delete it.

Cheers

Karl

I had an email like that a while ago. Thought it was odd to get an email from HMRC considering I'd never given them my email address. :-k

Do they address you by name, quoting your UTR?

Might be worth finding a number for HMRC to confirm/deny the email?

It's a known "phishing" scam along with the others pretending to be from banks, e-cards, failed parcel deliveries etc.

Don't click on the link - they're trying to get your details - delete it.

I had this one about a month ago and I get an average of 5 or 6 a week

Bob

A rumour must have been going around that I had won the Euro millions because my junk box was full of notificatiions from all the banks in the world showing great interest in my welfare and for me to contact them .
Another anonymous was saying that I had won £800.000. 000.

We all get them but I do wonder if anyone has replied but are too embarassed to admit to being so gullible . Not many i hope .
Cheers !

I feel deprived, I've never had one.
Presumably they know I'm a poverty stricken pensioner! :lol:

Roy.

I get about 10 a day and got bored replying to them as Dr Scrote, Ivor Biggun, Yuri pineapple, Amanda Huggenkiss, Jack Dung etc etc. Amazing how many replies I got to spurious names

I have to say, I'm amazed that anyone would *really* be daft enough to fall for any of the email scams I've seen.

Digit":1wukw763 said:

Roy.

Either that Roy or your spam filter is running good. I'm now with Bt and rarely does anything like this go anywhere but the spam box :wink:

Cheers

Mike

cambournepete":29s5dq7h said:
My parish council (as in council@...) also gets these emails.
Scam, Shift+DEL.

My council sends them to me - called Council Tax demands - and I'm daft enough to pay them :?

Mike.C":2qzhv421 said:
Digit":2qzhv421 said:

Roy.

Either that Roy or your spam filter is running good. I'm now with Bt and rarely does anything like this go anywhere but the spam box :wink:

Cheers

Mike

+1
since moving to BT ( plus the free AVG) my inbox has been spam free

Hi

Billw said
I have to say, I'm amazed that anyone would *really* be daft enough to fall for any of the email scams I've seen.

True, no one in with all their faculties should get caught by theses scams. But as the net surfing generation gets older and the alzheimers starts to kick in I am sure it will become a lucrative business. I had to monitor my fathers snail mail towards the end of his life as he was prone to responding to letters saying he had won a million pounds! These email scams are similar, just different technology.

Chris

Digit":10uy9pvq said:

Roy.

I'm the same Roy and probably for the same reason :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back