is 68 too old

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do what you can when you can, because when you can't you will be sad you missed the opportunity.

I am 71 and bought this 3 months ago :)

tbirdhomesmall.jpg

And hope to ride to Germany and possibly Poland with it this year.

Attachments

• tbirdhomesmall.jpg
    tbirdhomesmall.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 725
I am the same age and about a year ago I started something to build a workshop in my garage to do some woodwork. Something I had always wanted to do for years... never done woodwork so it was a total learning experience and a lot of looking for tools.
A year down the line and I have a nice little workshop, a fair few tools and am still busy learning .. do a lot of stuff from Paul Sellars woodwork... I too have no one to leave it to....

I am 78 and my lovely wife bought me a new chuck for Christmas, I still buy new tools and have just put in an order to Turners Retreat and we both do a monthly craft show.
For us ,age is just a number, I wish I was 68 again !! Enjoy life and give up the doom and gloom.
Frank S.

My problem is the wife will need at least 3 skips when I have gone, I only wish Parliament changed the law to a 15 day week, then I might have time to do everything, and I am not far off 80. =P~

Im 84 this year. 6 mos ago I had heart surgery consisting of triple bypass, implant aortic valve and repaired hole in a chamber wall. I still use my workshop to make wooden toys which are donated to children of needy families at Xmas. Some of my power tools are almost antiques ie: lathe purchased 70 yrs ago when I was 14, an American Machine & Foundry radial arm saw purchased in 1958. a 6 inch jointer purchased in 1985 everything else is at least 10 yrs old. such as my 14 inch band saw. All of them still in use. 68, dependent on health, is still young. I tell people that you are not a senior until 50% of the people listed in the obituaries are younger than you. Of course, at my age & if you and your wife did not have children it can start to get a bit lonely, Most of your friends are gone. I still have my dear wife & last year we celebrated our 60th anniversary. So there you are Wildman....age is a frame of mind....are you old ?

Lee

I didn't read all the replies, but I figured out a long time ago that age is irrelevant whether you are 18 or 80, you may wake up tomorrow or you may not, so don't overly concern yourself and make sure you enjoy today.

Lee Brubaker":rkzlap37 said:
Im 84 this year. 6 mos ago I had heart surgery consisting of triple bypass, implant aortic valve and repaired hole in a chamber wall. I still use my workshop to make wooden toys which are donated to children of needy families at Xmas. Some of my power tools are almost antiques ie: lathe purchased 70 yrs ago when I was 14, an American Machine & Foundry radial arm saw purchased in 1958. a 6 inch jointer purchased in 1985 everything else is at least 10 yrs old. such as my 14 inch band saw. All of them still in use. 68, dependent on health, is still young. I tell people that you are not a senior until 50% of the people listed in the obituaries are younger than you. Of course, at my age & if you and your wife did not have children it can start to get a bit lonely, Most of your friends are gone. I still have my dear wife & last year we celebrated our 60th anniversary. So there you are Wildman....age is a frame of mind....are you old ?

Lee

Now that's a pretty compelling argument wouldn't you say :)

Latest posts

Back