Invitation - UKW Get Together - POSTPONED

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Well I dont know if anyone would fancy this but how about an informal get together!

I would be happy to use my workshop in South Norfolk as a venue and depending upon interest will see what I can arrange, If you want some advice, or just fancy a banter and to be able to put faces to names and all that.

A good friend of mine and professional woodturner will hopefully be able to attend to answer your turnery queries, undertake some demonstrations/provide advice.

I'm sure that I can lay on some refreshments/butties etc but what do you all think - any takers?

Provisionally I am looking at either Saturday 7th May or Saturday 28th May and depending upon interest I will see what else I can lay on for the day. If anyone out there can offer any demos and wants to come along on the day let me know. I have alot of space and can put up a marquee if required. There is plenty of room for parking and there are local campsites/b&bs if anyone fancies making a weekend of it.

If you are bringing your other half there is a hairdressers opposite my workshop where they also do beauty treatments etc so how about booking your partner in for a facial to earn some brownie points while you talk woodwork :lol: :lol: - There is also a gym if you think your partner needs some exercise - I will let you suggest that though :shock: :shock:

This will not be a profit making event on my part - so no entry fee but I will ask for a donation towards food laid on etc - any surplus at the end of the day will be donated to a local charity. If anyone wishes to bring items they wish to sell/swap then why not!

If you are interested please sign up below and you never know - this might become a regular event.

Rog
http://www.rogerberwick.com

Rog

What a great idea, unfortunately its a bit far for me to travel, however I do hope it takes place and hope the sun shines whatever date you decide on.

If anyone wishes to bring items they wish to sell/swap then why not!

Does that include the wife :lol: :lol:

Stew

I would be interested, it's fun doing these things - I ran one last year on the turning side and it was great. You might want to ask around to see if people are willing to do demos; people were very kind with their time for the Lambourn bash (we ran out of time for the Pen demo etc).
Have fun
Miles

What a nice offer, thank you. I'd love to take you up on it but will have to check if I can make it on those dates, will probably end up dragging the whole family over for a much needed weekend away.

Just had a look at the pieces on you website - wow!

Bit too far for me, but good luck with it.

Might be best to avoid the 28th - there is another one being held in Kent?

Rod

Too far for me as well, unfortunately, but good luck Rog, hope it goes well.

Roy.

Hi sorry lovely idea but being in the lake district it is just to far for me to travel.
Just had a look at your website and some fantastic pieces, would be interested to know how much you charge for one to one tuition for basic cabinet making..?

Peter

Sounds like a great Idea

I can do either dates if you get enough interest :p

Thanks for offering to do this ,

If you need any help setting up let me know :wink:

Sadly it is too far for me too, I would love to do one of these events one day though.

Off the subject Rog, I did check out your website and there is some ( ie. all of it!) really superb work on there!

Sounds good. I can only do the 28th as we're having my sons birthday party on the 7th.

DIY Stew":31i0zwwa said:
Rog

If anyone wishes to bring items they wish to sell/swap then why not!

Does that include the wife :lol: :lol:

Stew

Nevermind the wife does that include the kids.

An excellent idea, but too far for me. I reckon this has to be a 'must do' Bash for all those UKW members living in East Anglia, but as Rod said, there's another one taking place in Kent on the 28th May - Rob

sounds like a great offer, and your work and workshop is pretty impressive stuff. but im some distance away and i only have a tiny weeny motorbike

adidat

Cracking idea for all the members who live close by. If it comes off I hope you all have a good 'un. For all those who can't make it, there is the show in Daventry on 7th May.

Looks like its going to be the 28th May then!

Have spoken with Rodger Foden the professional woodturner and he is up for it so as long as we get sufficient interest/takers to make it worthwile the event will go ahead - I will see what else I can arrange - Watch this space.

Rog

Smashing idea Rog, Count me in please. Some demonstrations would be good
SWIMBO is dead keen as it means she can spend the day with our daughter (shopping if I know them) in Norwich, and we can make a weekend of it.

David

Excellent idea. Would definitely be interested in coming, especially being so close.

Gav

Back