Invisible Computer Ports

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike.C

Established Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I came across a site where after running a program it told you if all of your ports were invisible to any crook scanning the internet. Does anyone know the site I am talking about?

Cheers

Mike

nev":1bf7colu said:
Is that not what a firewall does?

What Mike means is that they become invisible to anyone trying a port scan - this can tell you how good your firewall is or how well it's performing.

The GRC is the one I used to use in the past.

Dibs

Dibs-h":bhun4tu4 said:
nev":bhun4tu4 said:

What Mike means is that they become invisible to anyone trying a port scan - this can tell you how good your firewall is or how well it's performing.

Dibs

thanks for that, good to know =D> .
just tried it and passed with flying colours, I think. I am guessing its because I'm running a non windows machine. (ubuntu)

woodaxed":1xs40z1h said:
Hi
this may not be the site you saw but should help

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2 shields up external port scanner

Spot on mate thankyou =D>

Dibs

nev wrote:

Dibs
nev":1xs40z1h said:

Dibs

Thankyou for the perfect description Dibs. I am now off to see how well I am protected :lol:

Cheers

Mike

Your system has achieved a perfect "TruStealth" rating. Not a single packet — solicited or otherwise — was received from your system as a result of our security probing tests. Your system ignored and refused to reply to repeated Pings (ICMP Echo Requests). From the standpoint of the passing probes of any hacker, this machine does not exist on the Internet. Some questionable personal security systems expose their users by attempting to "counter-probe the prober", thus revealing themselves. But your system wisely remained silent in every way. Very nice
Now you cannot ask for better than that

Mike,
thanks for bring this topic up. Like you I got a very pleasant response from GRC - nothing seen at all!!

Now marked the site for future reference,

Thanks David

:D :D :D

toysandboats":2pwqi182 said:
Mike,
thanks for bring this topic up. Like you I got a very pleasant response from GRC - nothing seen at all!!

Now marked the site for future reference,

Thanks David

:D :D :D

Your welcome David. i've also got it marked for future use :D

Cheers

Mike

Back