Introduction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SemiSkilled

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been lurking for about a week, reading old posts,

(you're a busy lot aren't you!)

I've been collecting wood work tools (users, not display stuff) for a while just got a Wadkin AGS 10" so I'm going to sort it out.

Just hobby stuff, I like metal work as well ( Lathe, Mill etc ) so I'll probably get to make some bits for the machines I've bought, fancy a go at some planes as well.

I read a good sig (I think it was a sig) the other day,

All the gear and no idea.

That and the name I chose about sums me up for now.

Cheers

Hi and welcome Semi skilled. I am sure you will enjoy the forum and gain lots of good information and advice. There is a lot of knowledge on here as you have probably already seen. Happy woodworking. :wink:

Welcome semi, what sort of metal working kit do you have? partial to a bit of that myself

Bean

metalworking tools,

Lathe Colchester Master Mk2,Mill Cincinatti Toolmaster 40 taper 50" bed, Elliot 10" Shaper, Startrite 10 Speed B/saw.

Ebay + Sat nav = A full garage :D

Lee.

asmiley.gif
Lee :wink:

Hey Lee just how big is your workshop? Thats a good working collection you have there. I have the benifit of a workshop at work, but its rudimentary, a couple od colchester 2000's and a TOS turret mill plus a Yang CNC lathe. Wish I had a shaper

Bean

My workshop has six elasticated sides, a mez and a basement :lol:

Well I wish it had :wink: 10'x 25' I keep changing things around, need to make some more mobile bases. I'm thinking of building another W/shop just for wood now.

GrizzlyIndustrialWorkshopPlanner_12.png

Bean,

I'm still at the setting up phase of the W/kshop, some of the machines need tooling up.

I have a project list as long as your arm, eg recumbant bicycle, a foundry,

tooling for the machines, DIY, cuddly toy.

At the moment I just use it for work stuff (electrician) although I've started the process of de cluttering.

Now I just need a metric day to get everything done.

My woodwork is all new to me, no one to teach me so its all books and B&Q,

Lee.

no one to teach me

What do you think we are here for? :lol:
The amount, and variety, of expertise on this forum Lee is astonishing.

Roy.

Hi semi will it be a 2,3 or 4 wheeled recumbant, always fancied having a go on a 2 wheeler.

You are exactly in the right place to learn about woodwork

Back