introduction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary M

Established Member
Reaction score
hi there everyone
i just wanted to say hello,
there seems to be some excellent advise and interesting topics on this forum.
i'm looking forward to spending some time learning here.
cheers.

Welcome Gary, can you fill us in a bit on your woodworking interests, the range of skill levels and projects tackled here are very diverse, I am sure you will find there are members here eagerly awaiting an opportunity help or just plain pinch your ideas.

Just be on your guard for those who would guide you down one of the tool collecting slopes disguised as very helpful information, it's an art form perfected to high levels by some.

Gary M":1zf1xs4d said:
there seems to be some excellent advise and interesting topics on this forum.
There is.
Gary M":1zf1xs4d said:
i'm looking forward to spending some time learning here.
You will! :wink:

Oh and please don't think that you have nothing to contribute - we all have something even if it is the mistakes we've made :oops: - that's how we all learn. :D

Steve

CHJ":3ghv0cn8 said:
Just be on your guard for those who would guide you down one of the tool collecting slopes disguised as very helpful information, it's an art form perfected to high levels by some.
Yeah, don't venture into woodturning, f'rinstance... 8-[ :wink:

Welcome, Gary.

Cheers, Alf

Alf":3e273etm said:
Yeah, don't venture into woodturning, f'rinstance... 8-[ :wink:

stirthepot.gif

thanks for the welcome guys,
CHJ, in answer to your enquiry about what interests i have in woodworking
EVERYTHING !! :lol:
seriously though, i do a bit of everything and anything
recently i have made a lovely workbench from minature oak sleepers 6"x4"
some big chunky mirror frames, a hall table, decking planters.
my biggest problem is that i have so many ideas and things i'm gonna make but little time to do so.
Alf, woodturning is not really my bag !! done a bit ,have a small cheapo lathe but don't really use it. this time of year i do alot of decking and fencing-- not quite furniture making but woodworking of sorts all the same.
hope i havn't bored you all !! :wink:

Hi Gary
Welcome to the forum, good bunch of people here with lots of knowledge & experience (Don't include me in that 'tho :) )

And, yes you will be enticed into the 'tool buying' club and start down the slippery slope, but what the heck, if you can't beat 'em join 'em :lol:

I heard festool and Lie-neilsen are great tools for making chunky frames and installing fences and decking.. honest guv! :lol:

Welcome.

Losos":o6233aye said:
Hi Gary

And, yes you will be enticed into the 'tool buying' club and start down the slippery slope, but what the heck, if you can't beat 'em join 'em :lol:

Alas i'm already in it :lol:

ByronBlack":3vzx1i5f said:
I heard festool and Lie-neilsen are great tools for making chunky frames and installing fences and decking.. honest guv! :lol:

:-$

Hello Gary and welcome.
Don't forget to venture over to the woodturning forum though,we might change your mind :shock:
Paul.J.

Back