Introduction - clearing out dad's woodworking kit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferdinand

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all

The mods have kindly agreed that I can ask the forum about, and perhaps sell, various bits of woodworking kit and other related items that I have to deal with after my dad has recently died.

We're in nearly a "nothing thrown away since 1975" situation in a large house and garden, which means that there are all sorts of wonderful discoveries, but also all sorts of bafflement.

We are in the Midlands - our nearest landmark is Junction 28 on the M1 - near Mansfield.

Dad was an architect turned small manufacturer in grp, which meant he was always making patterns from wood. He used to buy a decent quality tool when needed for a particular job if job would pay for it, and keep it for a long time.

The first item is a lightly used Elu 1751A radial arm saw vintage roughly 1995-7, which I'll post as a "for sale" item. If I get offers which seem OK, I'll be happy to sell straight off.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Ferdinand

Don't need a radial arm saw, but watching with interest as you're only just up the road from me.

Ed

Hi Ferdinand,

Also watching with interest, as I'm just over the motorway junction in Chesterfield. I recently bought an ELU 1751 off ebay, but haven't had the opportunity to set it up yet - as my garage needs a good clearout first. They are an awsome piece of kit though.

Any chance of a list of items that you're likely to be selling?

Cheers, Dean.....

Well according rumour you might just be missing a left handed chisel or summat! :lol:

Roy.

Got a whole drawer full of them Roy, but I'm RIGHT handed :roll: So need a new set! :lol:

Back