internal doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lugo35

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all just wondering what people pay of having white pressed wood grain door hung??

thanks andy

Depends on the job. I`ve done 8 in a day but cant do 1 in an hour. Is the room empty? How much needs to come of the door if any? What are the fittings? Lock/latch hinges all add into the time.
A lot to factor in on a one off door in a house that might not allow for an easy job.
All the best
Rob

theres 7 to do straight replacments not priced any for long time what is rough price for thhem??

I would charge £150 and expect to do them in a day and would stay to finish.
Hope this helps.
All the best
Rob
p.s. Somebody would undercut me possibly, but I no longer care I always think it`s the clients loss if that happens.

thaks for that was thinking arount that do have to travell and theres bridge toll as well
take it or leave it cant they

Hi

I would usually charge around £ 35 - 45 each for fitting internal doors, these sound like light weight doors so £ 35 in this case

I hope the bridge troll don't get you on the way back :lol: :lol:

Just been pricing a job to replace 3 internal doors with 4 panelled softwood doors.
£40 per door (as old frames 1930s), plus £10 each to remove old door and dispose, plus £15 to fit latch, handle and replace stops.
£195.00 total.

Rob Platt":22h1mwpn said:
I would charge £150 and expect to do them in a day and would stay to finish.
Hope this helps.
All the best
Rob
p.s. Somebody would undercut me possibly, but I no longer care I always think it`s the clients loss if that happens.

Thats very reasonable pricing, I shouldn't expect too many to under cut that if any at all.

I would charge 28.50 per door.

method of working for me.

1) check, and double check door sizes to frames.
2) if all ok, take off all doors that are to be replaced and remove outside.
3) Unwrap all new doors and place next to respective frame
4) mark and cut every door into frame
5) put hinges into every frame
6) Then door by door, mark and cut and swing.
7) mark out every door for furniture.
8) cut apertures for every door
9) mark out latches
10)router each latch
11) run round fit latches and handles
12)then chop each latch plate in one by one.
13) check doors
14) job done

On average using this method and a track saw and a hand plane, i was fitting a door and ironmongery in 28 minutes.

But a single door would take me 55 minutes from tools out to tools away.

I charge £40 to fit a basic door with mortice latch and handles, going up to £60 for fire doors with latch, closer and routing for fire/smoke seals

I normally ask for £50 to hang a single internal door into an existing frame. However, with 7 to do I'd probably give a 10-20% discount to the final price, depending on who the job was for.

I'll chip my hat into the ring.

£30 per door for 5 or more is what I charge.

But it all really depends on the area you live. In Stoke people will supply AND fit a panelled door for £50. That's with the hinges, handles, latch. Cheap rubbish, but nobody who's paying that price really cares.

Cheers

Karl

Back