Interesting if slightly scary looking contraption

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to see it working. From a distance.
Cant picture how it breaks down pallets unless it cuts through the nails too. More likely just resaws the already broken down boards. Finding someone prepared to fork out 3K on it may take time.
Regards
John

After I read the blurb, I have to assume that his father also decided that it wasn't the machine for him. o_O

I would imagine it works similar to a sawmill but instead of the blade moving the length of the log you ha e to push the wood into the blade.

I would imagine it works similar to a sawmill but instead of the blade moving the length of the log you ha e to push the wood into the blade.
Some of the homemade sawmills "work" by having the tree trunks pushed towards the rotating band.I remember one of the "sawmills" being trailer mounted, with a rail system that pivoted out from under it and then slid out to accept the tree. Some real "hold my beer" stuff around the chainsawing and sawmill lumber people in the USA.

Perhaps it should have been advertised as a body part dismemberment machine. Could have avoided all the safety warnings.

How it works? Slide a complete pallet laying down across the table, flip and repeat. It cuts through the blocks and nails. Much like the commercial ones

Perhaps it should have been advertised as a body part dismemberment machine. Could have avoided all the safety warnings.

How it works? Slide a complete pallet laying down across the table, flip and repeat. It cuts through the blocks and nails. Much like the commercial ones
Ah, that's it. Thanks. I was wondering how it works.

Ah..but does it have the brackets to mount on a "pick-up" ( bed or front fender ) for that "mad max" recycling rally look.

Sing it Tina!..We don't neeed all of our fingers..we don't need both of our hands too..

I wonder how well car tyres last as the pulley wheels for the band saw, I would have thought the teeth would soon rip into them, but may be not.

Back