insulation

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaywood

Reaction score
Hello to all I am getting me a new shed and I want to insulated the shed should I put a plastic membrane round the walls first many thanks

It may depend on your wall construction - can you tell us more about how the wall is constructed.
As a general rule the vapour barrier (i.e.: your plastic membrane) wants to be on the warm side of the insulation.

celston":3i47hsvu said:
As a general rule the vapour barrier (i.e.: your plastic membrane) wants to be on the warm side of the insulation.

I think celston has answered your question. If not, can you explain a bit more clearly where you're stuck?

Suggest you read this and then come back if you still have questions: build-a-shed-mike-s-way-t39389.html

But in the first post you will find the following "Note the golden rule of walls: The Vapour Barrier goes on the warm side of the insulation!!!!. The vapour barrier in this drawing is the OSB, which is full of glue and therefore highly resistant to the passage of moisture." Exactly as celston also told you.

Terry.

Latest posts

Back