Insulating my workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameronhill97

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 20ft by 8ft shipping container as my workshop and want to insulate it. I was thinking making some frames from 2x2 then placing this on the wall packing it with insulation and then covering with osb. However I'm just wondering if 50mm will be thick enough to keep the place warm

I used 75mm celotex for mine, It's plenty warm in the winter and remains cool in the summer. I'd have thought 50mm would be fine. I think its more important to make sure there are no gaps.
I'm really interested to see pics of a shipping container workshop!.
Cheers
James

I used 75mm jablite (polystyrene) not tested through a winter yet but it's definitely cooler in my workshop on hot days

Hmm I seem to be at this same juncture, however I have a timber framed workshop.
It seems that there needs to be an air gap between the insulation and the outer wall to cut down on moisture from condensation build up, otherwise its said moisture inside will rot yer timbers!
Hope that's of some use, I'm no pro I'm just researching at the mo too.:)

You've brought back an old one...It is possible to do the dot and dab method of attaching, say, insulated plasterboard to a wall. This is what I plan on doing with my garage workshop in spring.

Back