Insomnia

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try reading half a dozen of Jacob's posts .... I can manage about 3 but I have heard that through strict training, some of the Mods can read 5 in a row before slumping into a heavy coma.

Hi, Stew

Lie right at the edge of the bed and you will soon drop off :wink:

I find if I have no coffee after 6:00 and no alcohol I sleep better, but once you have got into the habit of not sleeping/waking up its difficult to break the habit.

Pete

Ditto.
Afternoon caffeine is a no-no for me aswell.

When the missus moans about not being able to sleep we change the bed covers for fresh ones.
Theres something undeniably relaxing about fresh bedding.

(hammer) Try '5HTP' tablets from health food shop. Natural supplement and very effective in promoting sleep. (hammer)

woodman2

Perhaps just try not going to sleep. If ever I get a bit of insomnia I just stay up one night and I find I sleep like a log the next and subsequent nights. It feels like my body has got out of step with the world and just needs a quick reset. Certainly beats lying there unable to get to sleep night after night.

wobblycogs":1o5gt3fl said:
Perhaps just try not going to sleep. If ever I get a bit of insomnia I just stay up one night and I find I sleep like a log the next and subsequent nights. It feels like my body has got out of step with the world and just needs a quick reset. Certainly beats lying there unable to get to sleep night after night.

I have found this is the only thing that works for me. Trick is to make sure you are busy the next day or you will fall asleep by lunch and make it worse.

Yes, absolutely, I should have made that clear. I tend to go to bed earlier on the second day but not that much before what would be a normal time. I tend to avoid sharp things on the second day too, for obvious reasons :D

Back