Inlaid Poppies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samfire

Established Member
Reaction score
Done another vase for my wife. Piece of pine between two pieces of 6mm mahogany. The inlay is 6mm bb ply wood with pyrography
Thanks for looking
inlay.jpg

Sam

Ooh! that's lovely, been close to exploring pyrography a few times, but confused as to which set to order, seems to be different styles of tips, some are points and some are wires, what do you use?
Feeling all inspired, and abit jealous :mrgreen:

I use a Peter Child's machine with a spoon tip. It is expensive when compared with the solid tip type but it gives better results. I started with a solid tip pyrography iron made by Weller but soon upgraded.
Regards
Sam

Wow that is superb! lovely design and expertly made, you would never know that was ply inlay.
What flowers is she making to go in it? maybe some matching white poppies?
Cheers
Brian

Samfire":2wvcl5pm said:
I use a Peter Child's machine with a spoon tip. ..... I started with a solid tip pyrography iron made by Weller but soon upgraded.
Regards
Sam

+1 on both counts

Hi George I also like the idea of using pyrography to enhance some projects.I have booked a day with Bob Neill in January,Bob sells the Peter Child units.At the end of the day you only get what you pay for,Peter Child's cost near £100 and give you variable heat,cheap ones around £20. :roll:

Bryan

Thanks for the kind Comments. Brian, she is actually making some Icelandic poppies I will post them on here when she's finished them. Bryan, I hope you enjoy the pyrography course, it should be very helpful.
Regards
Sam

Very nice --- love the detailing--- must agree Peter Childs is a great piece of kit--- postage a bit steep if you are just orderering spoons--- but excellent stuff!

Latest posts

Back