Infill Plane - Channel & Sons

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vann

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi. I spotted this infill on a local internet auction site. From the lesser know firm of MS Channel & Sons.

MSC&Sons1a.jpg
MSC&Sons4.jpg
MSC&Sons2.jpg
MSC&Sons3.jpg
MSC&Sons1.jpg

Nice buns :ho2 .

Cheers, Vann.

Attachments

• MSC&Sons1a.jpg
    MSC&Sons1a.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 1,143
  • MSC&Sons2.jpg
    MSC&Sons2.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,143
  • MSC&Sons3.jpg
    MSC&Sons3.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 1,143
  • MSC&Sons4.jpg
    MSC&Sons4.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 1,143
  • MSC&Sons1.jpg
    MSC&Sons1.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 1,143
Vann I hope you resell that monster ;)
Hope you have a good Xmas mate and all the best for the new year..

TT

That's not a bad example of 'using available resources'. I'd give it 9 out of 10 for enterprise (I'd have given it 10 if the maker had put a cap-iron on it), but even I can't give it more than 1 out of 10 for elegance.

Whoever filed all the mill-scale off the piece of channel deserves an honourable mention, too.

whiskywill":cj15kjdb said:
tobytools":cj15kjdb said:
Vann I hope you resell that monster ;)

Why? He didn't say that he had bought the plane and he didn't say that he wanted to sell it.

Regardless it's a ugly plane and I know vann has a number of great tools to do the work,
Who are you to jump down my throat...

TT

No fighting chaps (hammer) . Remember it's the season of goodwill :deer :ho2

No I never bought that monster, and it didn't sell. It's just been relisted. $125 (~£60) and it's yours ('course you still gotta collect it :mrgreen: ).

I wonder if the bloke who made it ever got much use from it. Not as much effort to make as a dovetailed infill, but also worth a LOT less as an heirloom - so all in all, probably not a good return on time invested.

Cheers, Vann.

Back