Incra mitre gauge bar thickness

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickthetree

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all

I recently picked up a second hand Incra Mitre 1000HD. Seems like a great piece of kit, however my startrite 275 has a 3/4inch mitre slot, but it is only 6mm deep and the bar on the Incra is about 12mm deep.

I do have some aluminium bar that I could possibly retro fit the bar adjusting system too, but does anyone know if there is a standard replacement bar that Incra do for this application? Depending on cost I might just get one if they make them.

Or is there a different bar that might work?

Many thanks

Ok, thanks for the advise. Looking at the adjusting mechanisms it would appear they are too thick for 6mm bar anyway. I have some 3mm nylon machine screws which I could drill and tap into the sides of a steel bar, but if I'm going to get into that I might just go back to the original mitre fence that came with the saw. It is very good, but has no positive stops. Not the end of the world, and I do have a piece of aluminium section I could attach to add some versatility.
I'll keep doing some research on teh 6mm bar first.
Cheers

I couldn't find one when I was looking some time last year - I bought 6mm bar in the end to make my own, but it is still sitting on a shelf in the workshop currently - if you do find one I would be interested in knowing!

Steve

Latest posts

Back