Incra LS Positioner Super Syste

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

starlingwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the below? I bought mine last year but until now I have not needed to use the high fence support bracket (the black thing).

1651178900869.png

How do you fix it at the bottom of the gold 'legs' to the back fence? The back is different to the manual and the only way I can figure it out is if I attach it with just one bolt but it's not solid, there is an angle support too, is that used, still it's not steady. If you buy a wonder fence separately it is as described in the manual and by the looks of it better supported.

You're a star! Thank you. Yes thats how I ended up setting it up but it still rocks a bit. The extra hole in that angle piece and the leftover screws and nuts confuses me. I may end up making an auxiliary fence out of some nice ply just like the below to add some more rigidity.

1651183741172.png

You're a star! Thank you. Yes thats how I ended up setting it up but it still rocks a bit. The extra hole in that angle piece and the leftover screws and nuts confuses me. I may end up making an auxiliary fence out of some nice ply just like the below to add some more rigidity.

I can make my Hi-Rise fence move a bit if I apply a lot of force, but in normal use it doesn't move.

I can make my Hi-Rise fence move a bit if I apply a lot of force, but in normal use it doesn't move.

Agree with Mike. You need to apply any horizontal force towards the base of the piece being worked on if you wish to keep it square to the table….it is only meant to guide really

When I 1st got mine I couldn’t help thinking that the whole thing was a bit Heath-Robinson and an overcomplicated design; especially the brackets, fixings and adjustments. It is almost as if it had been designed by a different team compared to those who came up with the excellent fence and adjuster! And I never have understood the colour change!

I have to say the mod suggested looks interesting but not sure I’d bother. For intermediate height pieces the existing fence would be enough and for taller pieces I can’t see it would make much difference. Albeit, it would stiffen up to some degree the top guide

Back