In between jobs

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Intarsiaplans

Established Member
Reaction score
Mushrooms.jpg

My lot of mushrooms of in between jobs, all offcuts and all found, mostly cherry and hawthorn....The right one is scorched by a blowtorch.

Danny

Look good,Danny - like the contrast with the scorched one.
Do you turn them from green or dry timber ? I've made a few out of yew,because of the contrast between heartwood and sapwood.

Andrew

Well done Danny, I never throw any bits of wood away. They usually end up as something along those lines. Or occasionally small boxes.

Mind you not throwing wood away probably accounts for the state of my garage. #-o

TEP":3jn38yob said:
Well done Danny, I never throw any bits of wood away. #-o

With me it's light pulls at the moment. I like the shapes on your mushrooms. Danny, I haven't done any freestanding ones yet, all mine have been set into logs.

Mind if I pinch some of your shapes? Some are qite different to mine. Have you tried using elder yet? I find that bits of elder branch often give really distorted natural edge shapes as the wood is usually quite twisted.

Pete

Oh god swmbo just spotted your magic mushrooms and loves them. ](*,) At this very moment I'm getting it in the ear to get and make some :shock: She also likes the wooden fruit in another post, it looks as if I'm gonna be busy :lol:

Lord Nibbo":s4a1fgg6 said:
Oh god swmbo just spotted your magic mushrooms and loves them. ](*,) At this very moment I'm getting it in the ear to get and make some :shock: She also likes the wooden fruit in another post, it looks as if I'm gonna be busy :lol:

I've got half a dozen spare if they are any use to you your Lordship. Need setting in a log or two mind, not freestanding like Dannys

Pete

Some i turn green and more than some are from logs more than one year old...and what are like not free standing mushrooms???..Are that like small stemmed ones and stuck in half a log??
Allways nice to answer my own questions but i also have made those and forgot to make any pictures of those and if i remember to bring my camera tomorrow i have to take a pic of the one i made for my inlaws...one that is carved and about 50 cm's tall and 10 kg heavy.
And with turning mushroom it is fun that every single one is the different from the previous one, there is just not a pattern/plan for it.

Danny

Nice selection of mushrooms there Danny :D
Never tried doing one meself yet,but seeing this lot now i will have to have a bash.
Paul.J.

Back