In Aldi this week...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the biscuit jointer and for a tenner it's fine. I find the slots a little loose but at the price i can't complain.
Might have to get one of those morticers.

I think the Aldi stuff is brilliant. OK I'm not using it every day, and I wouldn't expect it to last if I was, not at that price.

I've got the grinder/sharpener, pillar drill, router, router table and biscuit jointer. Yes, they are not top quality, but they are value for money if you don't intend using them day in day out. Sometimes a bit more fiddly to set up than more expensive ones but if I was working for a living I'd have the more expensive ones. Can't fault them myself.

I know, it's frustrating.
We have one 5 minutes drive away in France, but they never have what I want when I am there, only when I am in England. But I missed the biscuit jointers because they were on sale in England whilst I was there. It gets one quite annoyed.

This
BILD10.jpg

is on sale in France, and I would love to get one for my grand-daughter, but it's on sale whilst I am here! They'll all be gone by the time we get out again.

Yeah, some silly person bought my grandson the same! Now I can't do anything without his help!

Roy.

Smudger - go on, ask again, please buy her a LN #1. (I will ensure she gets the best from it!!!!)

We were back in the workshop again today, playing with some blocks, my input on the hot melt gun and then an airbrushed finish.

CIMG0753.jpg

CIMG0754.jpg

CIMG0755.jpg

Perhpas not a piece for the UKWS comp but probably better than I did at 3 1/2! She is really good fun in the w/shop - long may it continue before other interests begin to dominate!

Simon

Looks like fun was had!

She may morph into a Goth at 13, but you are giving her a resource that she can use in later life to feed her creativity, or even launch her into a career in which she uses that side of her personality - a bit like all of us, really. That's so important.

I wish I had had my workshed when my boys were small.

Aldi, 25th October:

Angle Grinder £24.99
Reciprocating Saw £19.99
Saw blades (12) £4.99
HSS Drill Sets (including Step Drills) £7.99
Oven Chip Tray £1.99
76mm Telescope £69.99

29th October
Digital Film Scanner £39.99

I have quite a few Aldi tools. For diy they are very good, but they are not exactly industrial quality. Don`t even think about the 76mm telescope, the optics are most probably totally useless. (Astronomy is another of my pastimes)
Martin

I have had the Aldi biscuit jointer for a year and it is used at school. A bit fiddly to set and adjust the fence, but it works fine with a 3 year warrenty. I bought a set of diamond dust files. Great putting back the edge on router bits.

Back