IMPAX IM800I generator.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jameshow

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone got one of these or a clone of ...

I'm looking for a 240v power supply for when I'm doing work in site with my men's shed. So light power tools etc.

Couple of questions

1) how loud is Loud?

2) If using a 1200w circular saw does it draw 1200w with no load or cutting 1/2" compared to cutting a 6x2"???

3) How reliable are then. Are they temprimental like cheap petrol hedge trimmers / chainsaws?

Cheers James

All generators are loud, so your shed will sound like a burger van no matter what. You may want to make a permanent soundproofed (and secure) outdoor home for it.

Your 1200w saw may need 2kw or more just to get started - if you are lucky it will have some info on the motor label, but probably not. Is an extension cable not an option?

my pref was for the Honda frame variety...
mine's the 1900w model, wish I had got a bigger one tho.....
starts first time every time and it;s gotta be 20 years old......their suitcase genny's are quiet but low power output...
plus if u use the occ 9" grinder or the bigger saw;s a 2200w model would be the smallest I'd buy.....
as T, Neophyte says they are all noisey but the best of the old models.....
The latest newer models, I have no idea.....but pricey.....

Genys are rated in Kva, Apparent power (kVA) x power factor (Pf) = actual power (kW) or Actual power (kW) / power factor (Pf) = apparent power (kVA) because the geny is a power source and not a load, it has to supply the total amount of power to a system even if not all of it is actual power.

Back