Imminent Purchase - TS55

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dibs-h":26pwj2s2 said:
What about the "tape" on the bottom?
I'd get one or more packs of tape. Eventually they wear a bit and you'll want to replace it. Just make sure that you have enough for the entire length of your guides. Try the "Splinterguard FS-SP 3000". That way you can cut it to length for your two guides.

Please reconsider getting the 1900 rail instead of the 1400. With the 1080, that gives you enough length to rip 8'. The 1400 isn't long enough.

You may want to get the "Deflector FS-AW" and the "Kickback stop FS-RSP".

Also, consider getting some Sortainers. On my next big purchase, I'm going to order 2-3. They are very useful for holding Fesool spare parts.

Regards,

Dan.

BB - your not, it's me that's missing something - brain not quite in gear. I meant to say a 1080 guide plus a 1900 guide.

I'll probably get them to swap the 1400 that comes with the saw for a 1900 and pay the difference.

Hi Dibs

Also make sure you check the base plate they changed recently when I bought mine I ended up with the old type and luckily they exchanged it for me.

Just look on the base and there will be black plastic inserts aswell as the green twurlies on the new type.

Its a great saw very well built I got the Midi vac, 2 1400 rails and clamps etc etc a few months back and most of the time its almost dust free.

I added a second 1400 rail to my original. I strongly now wish that I had bought a 1900. If you're cutting a 1220 sheet and want to start without plunging as well as having support at the end of the cut you need the 1900.
The MFT is to be thoroughly recommended, as is a good vac.
Regards

I find that the clamps are not necessary when cutting long lengths, but would be advantageous when making shorter cuts (as there is not as much surface area contact between track and workpiece. I don't have the clamps and need to rectify the situation.

I originally had 2x1400 (it was a BOGOF when I bought the saw) and have subsequently been given a 2700. It's MUCH better than joining the two shorter ones. So much so that I recently cannibalised one of my 1400 into two shorter ones (900 and 500 IIRC) so I now have a convenient length for any size cut. I love it.

DX esential, I have both a Festool and a Hitachi QBE35. Both are superb.

I cut ourside on a KD frame supported on trestles and jig cuts so they are referenced off a hard edge. It's much better than working to a pencil line.

CHeers
Steve

Steve Maskery":2brawi35 said:
DX esential, I have both a Festool and a Hitachi QBE35. Both are superb
You're not kidding...
I "roughly" cut some 3m worktop yesterday, outside, with no DX (because I couldn't be bothered to get my CT22 out of one end of the garage and move it to the other :roll:) and was astounded how much dust there was.
You only realise this when you don't use the DX. :oops:

Back