If you won 70 million.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd buy the company I work for, sack a few key people and put the sweeper in charge with a 50k wage. After breakfast I'd go and look for a new house - using a drone remote piloted from my new Mac.

Car hunting after lunch, I wont bore you with what - then I'd buy a drivers license :D

Day 2 gets quite interesting...

No skills":2hyjzxmw said:
T-total for about 7 years so I'd guess not... :)

T-Total for 5 weeks following a yeast build-up in my intestines. The pain was unbelievable, and the side-effects from the medication weren't much fun either. Took SWMBO for her Valentine's meal at the local Chinese buffet Saturday night. Had 3 beers. Knew I would regret it. The pain's back with a vengeance!!

Roy

Not really impressed with people that win loads of dosh in whichever way...pools, lotto, whatever. All that happens is that the winner swaps one set of problems for another set, which may or may not be infinitely worse. Plenty of examples over the years where too much money, obtained too quickly has caused misery and heartache. As long as you've got enough to do the stuff you want to do, be comfortable and have your health, for me that's the most important thing - Rob

Well if you were 65 and won £60mil and lived 20 years, it would wear you out trying to spend £3m per year.

An aquaintance of ours down here in Devon won 7 mil and he died within 5 years, the Estate duties has left the widow in debt because of money given away and the man dying before the 7 year gift dispention had finished.

No skills":nloz47a8 said:
T-total for about 7 years so I'd guess not...

:)
Same here ,T-total since my 18th birthday ,I'm 61 this year and i used to own a pub .....I tell people i'm an ex Alcoholic and i'm between drinks ,someone bought me a bottle of Brandy for my 60th birthday , so i'm ready to start again .
I'd sooner spend the 70 mill on tools ....What could you buy for 70 mill.....I wonder if Blister is selling that lathe :wink:

Doorframe, sorry to hear that - sounds very painful. Was the chinese the one at festival leisure? not been there for ages.

Cowboy_builder - well done! Tend not to go in pubs these days, find it very annoying not having anything to do with my hands :)

No skills":3ftxbzgt said:
Was the chinese the one at festival leisure? not been there for ages.

No... not that one...far too expensive. It's the one by the old cinema in the town centre. Very basic with a thread-bare carpet. But at £6.50 a head you can't knock it!! (special price till 15 feb)

Roy

doorframe":rcyclxgy said:
No skills":rcyclxgy said:
Was the chinese the one at festival leisure? not been there for ages.

No... not that one...far too expensive. It's the one by the old cinema in the town centre. Very basic with a thread-bare carpet. But at £6.50 a head you can't knock it!! (special price till 15 feb)

Roy

Not been to that one, prolly wont get there as I'm saving for swmbo's 40th birthday treat - she wants to go to Vegas, we are skint so a week in clacton it is :D

I'd pay someone to finish fixing up our house then I'd move to a house that I actually like (with a big workshop) :). Actually, scrap that last bit. I'd move to a different country where you can get permission to build a house larger than a shoe box without having to pay off a councillor first.

Back