I'd like to hear about your tea drinking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PG Tips
Twinings loose leaf Darjeeling with a pinch of Assam, Twinings Lapsang Souchong, Twinings Camomile, Twinings Peppermint.
No sugar and a splash of skimmed milk in some.
I used to be a coffee person but now have to drink tea.

Rod

OK , I'll bite. Tetley for most cups , with lemon and sugar. For a treat I'm fond of Twinings Earl Grey , Lapsong Souchong or Irish Breakfast , no lemon. Nearing end of day , Tetley Warmth or Relaxation herbals , no lemon and touch of cream 18percent.

Twinnings English Breakfast. I once tried Clipper but thought it tasted very chemically. Maybe it was a bad batch?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

For many years, decades, I was a great tea drinker but then quite suddenly developed an allergy, "burning mouth syndrome" (look it up). Now I daren't even take a mouthful of the stuff. :(

Only drink one cup of tea and that is last thing at night, Only half a cup of Tetleys touch of milk one sugar and then topped up with whiskey.

Vic

RogerP":1enqmpbz said:
For many years, decades, I was a great tea drinker but then quite suddenly developed an allergy, "burning mouth syndrome" (look it up). Now I daren't even take a mouthful of the stuff. :(

Roger - that's truly awful, is there no remission/recovery? :shock:

It now seems in rather poor taste for me to rhapsodise about my favourite tea - Barry's Gold Blend, morning, noon and night.

BTW: Slightly odd to classify tea as a hand tool, but I guess I always have one close to hand when I'm working and it's probably the one I reach for most frequently.

EDIT: With a bit of effort I'm sure we can make tea the new sharpening? Loose-leaf/bags/pot/diffuser/mug/cup/milk in first/milk in last/lemon/sugar/skimmed milk/leaded milk/steep for 5 minutes,...

KevM":35nkztcr said:
RogerP":35nkztcr said:

Roger - that's truly awful, is there no remission/recovery? :shock: ...............
No, but at least I'm lucky to have found the cause of my burning mouth syndrome, others have not and suffer greatly - there have been suicides. :(

Hello,

What a fantastic question :p

Yorkshire tea, English Breakfast, with skimmed milk and almost anything else, as long as it is brewed strong enough to stand a spoon in. And constantly, keep them coming, I've been known to have 3 mugs on the go at once!

Mike.

Tetley in work, it's what they supply.
Yorkshire at home, it's what the wife supplies.
somewhere between 5-15 cups a day depending on method of arriving at work (drink less tea when cycling in)

I'm a fan of PG Tips - beautiful flavour. In Peru and some other South American countries you can buy Coca 'tea' made from the leaves of the Coca plant - the leaves are of course used to make other commodities too! It doesn't taste much like tea and you need a lot of it to get high.

John

Back