Ibiza

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glynne

Established Member
Reaction score
Just booked a self catering holiday in Ibiza which is somewhere I've wanted to go for a while after a works colleague enthused about the island and how it wasn't just about clubbing.
Now I've nothing against clubbing (apart from age and probably being too old to get in) so I'd be interested in any thoughts of things to do / places to go from people who have been there.
I'll obviously have a trawl through Tripadvisor etc but it would be really good to get first hand thoughts from people who have been there.
We will be staying at Santa Eulalia so pretty handy for travelling. We're both very mobile so bikes are an option but also quite like some cultural sites and very much love food and drink. No problems with public transport and would prefer local places rather than Anglified places - as in can't really see the point in travelling to Spain and then going to English / Irish (wife is Irish) pubs or restaurants.
So any thoughts / recommendations please?

Stay away from San Antonio!

Although I must admit sunset at the Cafe del mar is quite cool

Hi Glynne

My wife and I went to Ibiza early this year just as the clubs were about to open, it is a super island when you get off the beaten track.
Here are a few recommendations, though you will need a car/bus to get to some of them.
Ibiza town, try going as night falls and make a separate trip to the old town where there are a number of good places to eat. Just off the harbourside try La Solera for good Tapas.
St Gertrudis in the middle of the island, some nice places to eat.
The caves at Cana Marca
Cala Salada where there is a restaurant overlooking the bay
Ditto at Cala de Compte and Cala Vedella
Paloma Café in San Lorenzo

Have a great time

Phi

Glynne

Sorry forgot to add that a trip to Formentera is well worth while making, try the restaurant El Mirador which overlooks most of the island.

Phil

Thanks Phil, that's absolutely brilliant.
The idea of going self catering was to be able to go to different restaurants rather than eating in the same hotel so I'll look up your recommendations. Only current problem is the lousy € exchange rate - and we go on Tuesday.
Cheers.

Back