I wondered if anyone would be interested....?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Findley

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Next week I'm going to look at a new lathe, if its as good as it sounds I will be selling my Jet 1442, along with it's bed extension and all sorts of bits and bobs to fit it. I was thinking of about £600?

Any one interested? If it all goes ok with the new one I will put up a proper "For Sale" but I just wanted to put the idea out there and see if there was any interest?

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard,

I have the same lathe and I bought mine after researching my price bracket and the knowledge that you had used you'rs, without any real fault, heavily for years.

If I had the funds I would offer up for all the additional bits I would like but I am sure this will be snapped up by a very lucky person.

Good luck with the sale.

Cheers,

Lee.

Thanks for your comments guys,

Just to try and whet your appetites a little, the RRP of the lathe is currently £982 and details can be seen here:

http://www.axminster.co.uk/jet-jet-jwl-1442-woodturning-lathe-prod19826/

Also included with mine would be:

Bed extension, making the capacity 1500mm (RRP £153.95)
6" tool rest as well as the standard 12"
Long wooden tool rest as featured in Woodturning Magazine recently
Router jig (no router, sorry!) as featured in WT Mag
All standard kit that comes with the lathe: Knock out bar, drive centre, live centre, large faceplate

I bought the lathe new in November 2005 and it has given me great service since. Last year the headstock went back to Axminster for new bearings, belt and pulley wheels so all in Vgood condition.

Cheers

Richard

Back