I wasn't sure where to put this...?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reggie

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I was surfing the intertubes and I found this site, 507 mechanical movements, It looks like an old book of illustrations but some of them have been animated, to see the animated ones, click the thumbnails link and look out for the colour pictures, they're the animated ones :)

http://507movements.com/

There's an illustration and an explanation of how each movement works, whether it's animated or not. Great to see how all these things work, I can see some small ideas working, I think I might need to head over to woodgears.ca and make me some gears, pulleys etc. :D

Thanks for that. It's great fun working out what you think will happen...then watching the animation to work out if you were right.

You guys are all more than welcome, happy to share :) not sure about you lot but I've been looking at woodgears stuff, so seeing how all of these things work (especially the animations) has got me thinking about all manner of hand-automated jigs.

Latest posts

Back